Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Page 46 Writing Assignment


           My current plan is to major in electrical engineering with a focus on renewable energy. I also plan on writing many of my papers for this class on this subject because of my interest in it.
            In sixth grade, I decided that I wanted to become an architect. Then in my senior year of high school, graduation project came around and I had to choose a topic that had an argument to it. Obviously, I wanted to do a project that involved architecture but regular architecture did not really have any arguments that can take up ten pages. So, I decided to write about green building. This sparked great interest and really enjoyed researching my topic. When I applied for NC State, I wanted to join the design school, however, you had to turn in ten projects for review which I didn’t have, so I enrolled as an environmental engineer thinking it had to do with renewable energy. Eventually, one of my suite mates was talking about his major and what it was about, and I realized I was in the wrong field.
            Now, mostly thanks to my senior project, I am aware of what is going on in the world and what can happen. I plan on helping the transition to renewable energy not only because it is better for the environment but because it is cheaper and better for our health as well. Throughout this semester, I look forward to learning more about my major and topic of interest and also debating and discussing about it.

1 comment:

  1. Watching the about the Ganges really shocked me. I agree with Alexandre's ideas and also think that the government in India should really enforce more environmental laws. Enforcing more laws in India and in other countries would help keep the environment much cleaner and will also keep people who use the rivers healthier. If laws are not enforced, large factories will continue dumping waste into rivers and lakes until all fresh water in the world is unhealthy.

    ReplyDelete